Cookie Nook

Auburn, Indiana, United States
A sweet treat for every occasion! Let us celebrate with you for Birthdays, Holidays, Weddings, Anniversaries, and whenever you feel like having something sweet!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Tried some new flavors over the weekend for my cookies and have deemed them successful! The taste testers have all agreed also :)



White Chocolate Chipotle...beautiful golden cookie with tasty white chocolate morsels and a hint of spicyness right at the end of the taste. I wish I could have recorded one of the tasters reactions. I asked a little girl, maybe 8 or 9 years old, if she would be a taster for me and I explained what it was going to taste like. Her look was one of distrust that anything that sounded that wacky could possibly taste good. She asked me cautiously if she had to eat it now, in front of me, I told her no, she could take it home and eat it and just let us know what she thought the next time she came to the shop. She and her mom walked away, and it wasn't a minute later she comes stomping up to the register with a big grin and bright, sparkly eyes and just spurts out "that was sooo good, I love this cookie." It is wonderful to see the excitement in a child after they've conquered a fear and found out they were rewarded for trying something they were unsure of!

My other cookie, while it is a fairly common one, it's one that I hadn't tried to make yet so I was just hoping that my measurements were ok. They were. I made a Chocolate Mint Cookie with a Chocolate Mint drizzle across the top of the cookie. Honestly, I will always pick a golden cookie over a chocolate cookie, but that's just my preference, and trust me, if there are only chocolate cookies, I don't have a problem eating them...lol! My tasters all gave me the same response, it was an excellent cookie with just the right amount of mint! I asked everyone who tried the cookie if they thought it would be better with chocolate chips and every single one of them said "no." They said it tasted perfect and that the chips would take away from the flavor.

I must say, that means I had a very good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment