I've had some ideas floating around in my head lately and finally found the time last night to see what I could create from said ideas. I think overall I was successful, but it still wasn't quite what I was thinking in my head.
The cupcakes were very tasty, as usual, but they didn't give me the explosion of flavor I was hoping for. I took a basic chocolate recipe and added some wasabi and orange to it looking for a sweet, savory, melt in your mouth cupcake that would give just a little kick at the end. All of my taste testers have said that they are delicious, but no one is really getting the kick I had hoped for...not quite back to the drawing board, but some playing around with amounts (and maybe even flavors) is definitely going to be happening.
As far as my "cookie on a stick" goes, I've known this is possible and have had several ideas for different bouquets I want to do, but I've always had problems with the cookie shape coming out wrong or being too heavy for the stick to actually be able to create a bouquet successfully. I can now say that I have fixed my issues (in the kitchen, at least...lol) and am eager to create beautiful bouquets that will put a smile on anyone's face.
No comments:
Post a Comment